Why Should I Become a CTA?
As a CTA, you'll have the tools and knowledge necessary to create a more memorable visitor experience and you'll reap the benefits!
- Industry Networking: Expands your industry social network; network locally and internationally.
- Recognized Certification: Provides you with a meaningful, industry-recognized credential (e.g. John Smith, CTA) that is visible to family, friends, employers, co-workers and visitors! Use CTA behind your name on your business cards and e-mail signature. Display your certificate and wear your CTA pin with pride ─ it's a great conversation starter and shows visitors you're certified!
- Stay In The Know: Helps you stay 'In The Know' with regular updates about new developments or other industry happenings in your area.
- Freebies & Discounts: Gain first-hand knowledge of things visitors ask about! Print coupons to redeem free or discounted prices to participating restaurants and attractions. Offered for your family too, in some instances! Over $100 value in many destinations.
- $$$: Increases business which may lead to more tips or pay increases.
- Ongoing Education: Access online videos, classes, readings and more to continue your education.
- Annual Renewal: Shows your commitment to your CTA designation and the industry; 50 points per year required.
- Career Advancement: CTAs report being promoted because of their commitment to the tourism industry. And, savvy employers are hiring CTAs over non-CTAs. CTA is a great resume-builder that may give you an edge over other job candidates.
- Exclusive CTANetwork.com Local Micro-Site: Log in to your local, online CTA community:
- Event Calendar: Help Visitors in Real Time
- Attractions: Printable Handout for Visitors
- CTA Connect: Social Media and International CTA Directory
- Networking and Educational Events: Exclusive Experiences for CTAs
- Record Renewal Points Online: On Any Device, As You Earn Them
- CTA Exclusive Social Media: Post Photos, Share Your Insight and Experiences
- CTA Star Award: Nominate Yourself or Other CTAs
- 'Need to Know' Section: Keeps You Up-to-Date on Local Happenings
- CTA Insider e-Newsletter: Keeps You Abreast of Industry Issues & Trends
- And More!
To enroll, click here.To start a program in your destination, Contact Us.