The CTA Advantage
Since its inception in 2006, the CTA program has risen in prominence to become the industry's PREMIER front-line training and certification program. Here's what sets it apart:
- Industry-Recognized Certification: CTA is the only front-line program in existence today that is true certification that is recognized by the industry. Destination stakeholders and the front-line - from Mayors to front desk clerks - proudly use CTA behind their names (Jim Sample, CTA). CTA is also recognized by the Convention Industry Council (CIC) with Certified Meeting Professionals (CMPs) allowed to use CTA toward CMP recertification.
- Competitive Advantage: CTA destinations are leveraging CTA as a point of differentiation. Meeting professionals and tour operators report it often ‘tips the scale' when they learn the destination is committed to a positive destination experience. They now ask: "Are you a CTA City?"
- Destination-wide Alignment: CTA has proven to be a tangible program that helps businesses of all sizes embrace tourism and work together.
- Over 27,000 Certified Since 2006: The CTA program is proven. A successful ‘train-the-trainer' model ensures consistency of training by local facilitators who know the destination ‘product' and local experiences. Each destination sets its own goals for total enrollments and renewals.
- Renewal of Certification = Up-to-Date Front-Line: CTAs renew annually to maintain their designation. As a result, they continue their learning and renew their commitment to the destination experience.
- Free CTANetwork.com Website and Database: Each local administrator is provided with free, specially-designed database software and a special CTANetwork.com micro-site to facilitate administration and connecting CTAs.
- Annual CTA Summit: CTA destination leaders meet annually for a two-day 'think tank', CTA Summit, to share ideas and strengthen the program, which benefits everyone.
- High Satisfaction Ratings: Classroom evaluations are consistently positive - 4.5 on a 5-point scale - with CTAs energized throughout the interactive training.
- Customized Curriculum: A six-month development process produces over 150-pages of customized curriculum that includes extensive history, culture, and ‘uniqueness' of the destination, focusing on positive messaging to convey to visitors. The curriculum is the hallmark of the certification program. Even long-time residents report they enhanced their destination knowledge of and appreciation for the community in which they live.
- Proven Behavior Change: A bi-annual survey of thousands of CTAs reveals ongoing, positive behavior change: 90% report enhanced knowledge of the destination ‘product' and what it has to offer; 75% are more confident in serving visitors; and 80% have more pride and passion for where they live and work.
- Ongoing Education: CTAs continue their education through online videos and other educational tools that help grow their destination knowledge and personal skill sets, while accumulating points for annual renewal.
- Public / Private Partnerships: Brings key corporations and hospitality organizations together to support a program of critical importance to the future of tourism and to stay competitive.
- Destination Branding: Enhances the destination brand alignment through consistent messaging and positive experiences.